Sunday, August 21, 2011

Welcome to Large Format Photography Class!

This blog will serve as a resource to you throughout the semester. The syllabus, assigments, and numerous other materials will be posted here. Occasionally, I will post course re-caps here.

It is but one of the numerous online resources that you will be utilizing throughout the course.

The required textbook is Using the View Camera: A Creative Guide to Large Format Photography by Steve Simmons.
Link to the book on Amazon.com where it is currently only $8.98. I want you to order the book immediately. I expect you to have read the Introduction and Chapter 1 by next Tuesday.

Prior to next class, I want you to read A beginner’s guide to large format photography.
I also want you to read the chapter titled View Camera in the London, Upton book that you should still have. If you don't have it still, then you need to read one of the two copies on reserve in the CVA library. Lastly, I want you to read a short View Camera article titled Getting Started in Large Format Photography.

By next Tuesday, I want you to have completed the reading in the Simmons book (the Introduction and Chapter 1). In addition, I want you to read the chapter on the zone system and re-read the chapter on Exposure in the London, Upton book.

This semester, I will regularly administer quizzes. Please keep up with the readings.

No comments:

Post a Comment