Thursday, October 20, 2011

LF photographers

A collection of large format photographers:

Edward Weston
Random Sally Mann images
Random Ansel Adams images
ART:21 video with the Sally Mann segment

Clyde Butcher








Vincent Jalet



Johnathan Andrews
- Okay, I really don't know if he shoots LF, but I imagine that he does.

Article about Clyde Butcher who is known for his large format swamp images
Aperture article about Gregory Crewdson with information on his process
David Burnett's 4x5 reportage. To see the gallery we looked at go to My Formats > Big Camera
Washington Post article about David Burnett




Gregory Crewdson

Excellent Aperture web feature on Gregory Crewdson. His work is amazing. Sometimes, I think my process of shooting my Three Minute Series is complex, but his process makes me feel inadequate.

Great video about Gregory Crewdson and his beginnings.

Smithsonian article about Crewdson.





Great interview with Gregory Crewdson talking about his work and Normal Rockwell's work.

New York Magazine Article about Gregory Crewdson.

Jeff Wall

NY Times article on Jeff Wall

article about Jeff Wall selling a print to $1,000,000

Excellent resource on Jeff Wall and his work.

MOMA exhibit of Jeff Wall's photography





Long panel discussion featuring Jeff Wall. It starts out in French, but it is in English after the introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment